Zig-Zag Football Dribbling Drill
Zig-Zag Football Dribbling Drill Setup
- Setup cones about 5 yards apart in a zig-zag pattern.
- The length of the zig-zag pattern should stretch approximately 20 yards in length.
- Players line up at the last with a ball each.
Best Instructions for Zig-Zag Football Dribbling Drill
- The first player in line dribbles around the outside of the cones in a zig-zag pattern.
- When the dribbling player reaches the end, they must sprint the distance of the zig-zag course and return to the line.
- Let the players go through the course a few times to get comfortable with their touch.
- Now as the players are moving to their right side, they must dribble normal.
- However, as the players move to the left side they must roll the ball with the soul of the right foot.
- Change the pattern to move normally when moving to the left, but roll the ball with the soul of their left foot as they move to the right.
Zig-Zag Football Dribbling Variations
- Additional dribbling skills can be added such as:
- Dribbling in a complete circle around each cone
- Moving the ball through the pattern with the soul of the foot only.
- Controlled touches near the dribbling player.
- Dribbling with the outside of the foot, inside of the foot, and soul of the foot
- Dribbling with speed
- Disc Cones
- Football Practice or Training Balls
Drill Target Ages
- U4, U-4, Under 4, 4 and Under
- U5, U-5, Under 5, 5 and Under
- U6, U-6, Under 6, 6 and Under
- U7, U-7, Under 7, 7 and Under
- U8, U-8, Under 8, 8 and Under
- U9, U-9, Under 9, 9 and Under
- U10, U-10, Under 10, 10 and Under
- U11, U-11, Under 11, 11 and Under
- U12, U-12, Under 12, 12 and Under
- U13, U-13, Under 13, 13 and Under
- U14, U-14, Under 14, 14 and Under
← Previous Story Figure Eight Football Dribbling Drill